Saturday 12 June 2010

Humorous misrepresentation: Blair Waldorf

 Yesterday found me buying a copy of Glamour magazine due to the awesome freebie that came with it. Usually I wouldn't buy it, but a Benefit pencil for £2 is too good of a deal to pass up.

 But this isn't about make-up, it's about what I found as I looked through the magazine. Namely this:
 The humorous thing here is the fact this magazine article says that it's a healthy choice to copy the eating habits of Blair Waldorf from Gossip Girl.

 I know they cite one particular thing she does, but hello! Blair Waldorf is bulimic! Don't you think it's a bit daft to go around calling her a 'Health Heroine'?

 Their crack team of researchers did a great job here, or more likely, they had the thing they wanted to say is healthy and used the first character they could find to fit it. Even though it meant glossing over an eating disorder.

 Nice one, Glamour.

No comments:

Post a Comment